IFMRA Annual General Meeting at Margaret River. 15th October 2022.
This is a final call for anyone interested in travelling over to Margaret River for the 2022 IFMR AGM.
Like all other AGMs it is 5 % formalities and 95% fun.
Some people are flying over to Perth.
Some members are riding across the Nullarbor.
Some partners are coming along.
We all meet in Perth on the evening of October 13th at the Bayswater Hotel for dinner and fellowship. The next day (14th) will be a backroads trip down to Margaret River with a few fun stops along the way. From there the program looks like this:
- 15th October. Free to explore Margaret River in the morning. AGM kicks off at 11am sharp via Zoom for members all over Australia (and any other IFMR members in other countries who want to spectate). AGM followed by a BBQ lunch.
- 16th October. See a bit more of Margaret River and Ride through the food bowl area of WA and overnight at Pemberton.
- 17th October. Backroads through the magnificent Karri forests and coastal scenery and overnight at Walpole.
- 18th October. Choose from several options to explore Walpole and then we head east along the coast through Denmark and overnight at Albany. Explore the stunning Albany coast and National Anzac Centre.
- 19th October. Explore the Stirling Ranges and Porongurup and overnight at Mt Barker in old world country pub style for our ‘Last Supper’.
- 20th…most of will be homeward bound.
If you find yourself interested but with queries, please don’t hesitate to give me a call and I can advise you about accommodation arrangements and other logistics issues.
IFMRA 2022 AGM RIDE to MARGARET RIVER, WA
Ride Co-Ordinator: Rotacyclist Franz Van Der Ploeg, from Ballarat Victoria
IFMRA members or friends who may be interested in joining James Allen, Steven Holmes, Colin Foster & myself (all VIC), Philip Smith (QLD), Hugh Raadgever (NSW) riding over to Margaret River WA, we will be riding Max 400klm per day (no more) to meet up in Perth with other riders, 1 night in Perth then travel to Margaret River, If riders from NSW, SA or Tas are wanting to join us we could meet up along the way at a designated spot or stop over.
This is the Itinerary which Smithy and myself came up with for our ride over to Perth then Margaret River for the AGM, (Most riders have asked that we ride no more than 400klm per day).
Ride Itinerary so far.
4th Oct (Vic Riders) Ride to Horsham – (stay overnight), meet up with other riders.
5th Oct Ride to Murray Bridge 355klm - (stay overnight), Meet up SA riders
6th Oct Ride to Pt Augusta 366klm - (stay overnight), Meet up with QLD & NSW Riders
7th Oct Ride to Streaky Bay - 390klm (stay overnight)
8th Oct Ride to Nullabor Roadhouse/Motel – 408klm (stay overnight)
9th Oct Ride to Madura Pass Roadhouse/Motel - 377klm (stay overnight)
10th Oct Ride to Balladonia Road House/Motel - 310klm (stay overnight)
11th Oct Kalgoorlie – 403klm (stay overnight)
12th Oct Ride to Merridin – 335klm (stay overnight)
13th Oct Ride to Perth – 260klm (stay overnight)
14th Ride to Margaret River with rest of Perth Riders approx 300klm. (Margaret River Tourist Park).
15th Rest Day & AGM & BBQ Margaret River. (Margaret River Tourist Park).
* All 4 rides below are optional:
*16th Organised Ride & Accommodation: (Local ride ending in Pemberton on the 16th. Wildflowers, Southern Forests. Overnight)
*17th Organised Ride & Accommodation: (To Walpole (hidden gem of the south west forest area) on the 17th. WOW Cruise (optional), Forest Walks (optional) Tree Top Walk (optional). Overnight).
*18th Organised Ride & Accommodation: (18th To Denmark and Albany. Fabulous rides and coastal scenery. Overnight)
*19th Organised Ride & Accommodation: (19th Porongorups and Stirling Ranges. Overnight)
20th Tour ends for Perth based riders. Return to Perth via Albany Highway. Nullarbor riders to Esperance.
Any Queries/Questions/Ideas/Complaints would be greatly appreciated as this Itinerary is not in stone so can be changed, apart from the accommodation across the Nullabor..
If you wish to join the ride to Margaret River, please contact: Franz Van Der Ploeg on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can as we are already organizing the accommodation.
IFMRA 2022 AGM Margaret River WA – Update 26/07/2022
There’s a bit more information here for those of you that might be contemplating making the trip to Margaret River for the AGM this October.
Just to remind you of the basics:
* meet in Perth for dinner on the 13th October. Dinner venue is the Bayswater Hotel/Motel. 78-80 Railway Parade. Ph 08 92717111. Accommodation is available but you need to make your own arrangements. You are free to use this or any other accommodation.
* we will drive down to Margaret River on the 14th, taking the scenic route. Once again, you are welcome to tag along and enjoy a few stops along the way. You are equally welcome to find your own way to Margaret River if you prefer. Car or bike.
* AGM will be on the 15th October. Timing to be advised. At Margaret River we’ll get together with a few cold drinks and a bbq and I expect we’ll have a few gatherings in different locations around the country as we all meet up over Zoom.
* In Margaret River we will have a few rides arranged that have a feature (eg wildflowers, ocean scenery etc) all on paved backroads. Again you are free to join the group or simply meet up at the chosen location.
* Anyone planning on riding over has the option of travelling through Perth or taking another route direct to Margaret River.
* In Margaret River I suggest shop around. You might want to contact other members who intend travelling to share an Airbnb or similar. Good luck.
Don’t hesitate to yell out if you need help